Actually no one votes on the bestowing of the coveted Liebster Award. Except maybe the fellow blogger doing the bestowing, which, in my case, is Barb, http://barbtaub.com/ and I’m glad she did. It’s a fun idea for a post and does direct traffic to your blog. Always a good thing.
It can only be granted to blogs with less than 200 followers and it consists of answering eleven questions asked by a previous winner. So Barb sent me these questions, and I would strongly suggest you check out Barb’s link, provided above, and read about her favourite food. She’s not really sure what it is, but her description is tantalizing. And Barb is right about this award being nothing more than a glorified chain letter…but, still. Kind of fun.
- What was your first car?
A cream coloured Toyota Corolla. I’m thinking it was a 1967 model. Hot stuff. Needed to pull the choke out to get it started, and that didn’t always work, but, at sixteen, I thought it was the most beautiful automobile ever built in Japan.
- What was your last brush with the law?
Speeding tickets. Blah. Why build an Autobahn-like road and then post a 50 km/hr speed limit? To entice speeders, obviously. Money in the city coffers. May have to rant about this at a later date.
- Star Wars or Star Trek?
Star Wars. Love special effects.
- Dr. Who or Dr. Laura?
Dr. Who. Not even a close call.
- Worst movie ever?
The Wizard of Oz. The original, and probably any remake. I really don’t see what the fuss is about.
- Who would you like to have a conversation with at a cocktail party?
- Best guilty pleasure ever?
It used to be smoking but I managed to give that up altogether six years ago. I would have to say spending more money on footwear than I should.
- Who would play you in the movie?
I used to like Goldie Hawn but I think she’s had work done and she looks funny now. Would it be the younger me or the now me? Rule out Dolly Parton either way. I’ll go with Jennifer Aniston just because I wish.
- What is something people don’t know about you?
My friends know everything about me. I’m an open book…a tap with no filter. Most people, up until recently, didn’t have any idea about my writing asperations.
- What is the one thing you can’t live without?
My sense of humour. If I didn’t have that, I’m pretty sure I’d be insane.
- As a child (or now!), what did you want to be when you grew up?
A teacher. Still wish I would have gone through with it, but I was lazy and hated school. And that, children, is irony.
MY NOMINEES FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD ARE: keeping in mind I have no idea how many followers these bloggers have…
AND MY QUESTIONS:
- Scarier — books or movies?
- What animal conjures up your best memories?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, it would be…?
- Snow and sun or grass and sun?
- How much would you pay to go to Mars? the Moon?
- If you could bring someone back from the grave for one day, who would it be?
- Your most hated household chore?
- You’re stuck on an island with only one radio channel. Talk? Rock? Country? Jazz? Blues? Other?
- Favourite musical instrument.
- A movie star you’d like to take to a movie.
- The Big Bang Theory or American Idol?